Organization: An organization is a collection of people working together in a division of labor to achieve a common purpose. the core purpose of an organization is the creation of goods and services.
An organization is a consciously coordinated social unit, composed of a group of people that functions on a relatively continuous basis to achieve a common goal or set of goals. Manufacturing and service firms are organization and so are schools, hospitals, churches, military unit, retail stores, police department, volunteer organizations, start-ups, and local, state and federal government agencies.
Organizational Behavior: Organizational behaviour is such a discipline which provided the organizational behaviour list to find out some ways and means a view to establish acceptable behaviour.
According to J.W. Newstrom and Keith Davis,"Organizational behavior is the study and application of knowledge about human behavior in organization as it relates to other system elements, such as structure, technology and the external social system."
Objectives of Organizational Behavior: There are many objectives about organizatioanl behavior some are given below:
- To establish a social system in the organization.
- To determine the motivation level of employees.
- To encourage the people, to work enthusiastically in the organization.
- To create an environment for the development of effective leadership.
- To develop effective group behavior among the employees.
- To identify the reasons for conflict and to resolve the conflict.
- To find out the reasons for frustration and reduce or eliminate the reasons.
- To increase the moral of employees of the organization.
- To maintain the organizational environment favorable for the work.
- To find out the ways for effective organizational development.
Goals of Organizational Behavior:
1. Describe 2. Understand 3. Prediction 4. Control
Forces of Organizational Behavior: A complex set of forces affects the nature of organization. Four key forces are---
- People: People make up the internal social system of the organization as individual and group.
- Structure: It is define as a formal relationship and use of people in organization.
- Technology: It is the resources with which people work and affect the tasks that they perform.
- Environment: All organization operate within an internal and external environment, govt, family, society, other organization, unions etc. are part of environment.